Friday, August 29, 2008

Helsinki Day 1

Hello Everyone
I reached Helsinki yesterday and is today in the office.I just thought I'd share my experience in the place.

My flight was from Cochin to Mumbai ( Air deccan ) and later Mumbai to Helsinki ( Finnair ).
Though I had 24kg ( check in luggage ) + 13 kg ( hand baggage ) which exceeded the limit of both airways ,I was fortunate enuf to take my luggage without spending a single penny( first time travellers always get this luxury ! ).Journey was good. seeing movies,eating food.
well didnt have much sleep in mumbai , coz i was almost sure that I wouldnt wake up for the flight if i sleep in the airport.
finally reached helsinki..I had to meet another person from India.We decided to meet up in airport.Well he didnt have international roaming facility.. so I had to roam the whole airport ( nice place ) to find out the guy.and we reached eurohostel(temp accommodation).

People are quite friendly.you see anyone and they would say *hi*(I cant find double inverted commas in this keypad.. this keypad is lot different from our keypad.. it has three characters in one key and has some special characters like ä ö ¤ § and even a key which would show ½ .I have no idea why that is used for.)Well its little difficult to talk to them.. coz they have a , ä , å and unlike us they use these three letters too..Eurohostel has kitchen,sauna(havent been there .. heard its steam bathinh) and a common bathroom.. People are so friendly that one guy who was taking shower too said *hi* to me.. I guess he didnt have bad intentions.Breakfast is good. Rusk,Bread,Jam,Cheese,corn flakes,hotdog,orange juice,milk,tea,coffee,egg(
mutta puzhungiyathu) and so many things which i havent touched till now.
they have a heavy breakfast.. little for lunch and nothing for dinner.

there are so many first things which I saw/ did ..
1. the room unlocks only if ur room card gets inserted in a medium pace.neither too slow nor too fast.
2. Using toilet paper as there is no water in toilet :(
3. Checking for Zebra crosses to cross the road,
4. Taking right always..Be in the elevator.
5. taking tickets from automated counters.. believe me there are a lot of steps to get a single ticket.
6. taking skype calls and they are costly too.
7. Black guy joined with us too.. seeing a person in IT for the first time.
8.preparing coffee from the coffee maker.. it has some interesting adjustments which i have no idea how to do it till now.i prefer drinking milk.. in that case i dont have to do this circus...
9.Lift : I have to show my id card in a sensor and press floor 8 . else the lift wont take me to the desired place !!
10. Shortest metro ever : use this to reach a place 3 mts away. My office is 3mts from central railway station.

Climate is good. sunny .. sometimes drizzling.. 23 C .well interesting part is I woke up at 6 on the first day ( sun has already risen) and i slept around 10 pm the same day..(sun has not set till then).So long day...otherwise its fine.

Last but not least.. babes.. most of them good looking, friendly in nature and for them its summer.. so they dont have winter clothes on.. well it seems most of them prefer sun bathing.

thats it for now.. have to find out houses now.. and it seems we have to struggle. so many coming now for studies, and then house owner to should like us.

cya later.

No comments: